The list, weekly (yeah right) update

Posted by EmptyShell | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Clean something for 30min every other day for a month. (week 3/4)
I've been killing this one. I've been through most of the boxes in my room and am in the process of cleaning it top to bottom. I've also gone through all of the clothes and sorted out the ones for mending and the ones for washing


Do Laundry twice a month for 6 months (2/12)
I've done this twice now, and I have more clean clothes then I have had in years. It's thrilling.
Track all spending for one month.
What spending?

File taxes. 
Called the place to make an appointment and this time they told me I would have to send them a letter instead. Wrote the letter, and I'm faxing it from work tomorrow. This seriously shouldn't be this complicated. To any children reading this boring crap, I should be a cautionary tail. Keep your shit organized. You pay for it later if you don't.
Spend one hour a week improving memory for a month 2/4

I forgot? I guess its not working...
Draw once a month.(0/12)
Every time I do this I think "Oh yeah... drawing..." and then I completely move on to other things. I've picked out some pictures though

Start a dream journal and update it twice a week for a month

It's apparently disappeared, despite the fact my room is almost clean now. Not impressed.

Research Careers
Spent a ton of time looking into university programs this week. Didn't actually decide anything, but do I ever?

Contact 5 friends I haven't seen in over a year and see them in person (2/5)
A friend from up north actually got in touch with me the other day, so that was interesting. We'll see how that goes.
Become an organ donor

I have every intention of doing this tomorrow, but really when don't I?


Create a list of ten things to improve about myself
Done!

Create a list of twenty things I like about myself

Done!


New additions


Empty all the boxes in the bedroom
Only one to go!


Purge old clothing
It's the good kind of purging?


Mend all clothing
I might not get to this one this week, but now that its all separated there is no reason not to get this done


No Fast food for a month
This one is going to be tough, since there in no food in the house and no one seems to grocery shop anymore. But I think that means it's more important to do it now then ever. I start on the first, tomorrow



Comments (1)

Congrats!

It seems like you're starting to get into the habit of whittling away at these goals.

I need to start something like this. I am the worst for keeping a cleaning schedule. I only really do a big clean before I have guests over. Even now I still have some dishes left over from the weekend's dinner party.

Keep up the fantastic work!

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.