I wish I had one person I could be totally honest with. Someone I could really open up to. This blog (a disordered little fragment, a fractured reality, blurred out and names changed to protect the guilty) doesn't feed that need, as much as I ramble on.

Even my best friend, one of the only people I have spent a reasonable amount of time with and not lied to, there are so many things I can't (won't, don't, shouldn't) tell. And even if I had the opportunity, how would I ever know that it was safe to take it. I've grown up with lies, grown into them. How can I ever know it's safe to let them go, to share my secrets.

How do you trust when everyone you know is full of shit one way or another? When everyone can be bought and only thinks for themselves?

Everyone lies. And the ones you think aren't are just the best at it. The ones who are the best at it usually have the biggest secrets of all.

Comments (2)

I feel the same way--even with my closest friends and family, there are things I could never tell them. I feel like I'll take a lot of those things to my grave. There's just some things I could never say out loud.

I hope you can find someone you can trust, and really confide in. I think we all deserve that.


xoxo

If you do ever need to just vent on anything (whatever you're comfortable with) you can e-mail me.

tkaye03@gmail.com

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.