When every day seems like the rest, its hard to come up with a title

Posted by EmptyShell | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011

So yesterday ended up being okay. Actually it was pretty good except for one part. We were supposed to have a potential client come in for a meeting at work. Now, booking appointments is part of my job. Usually it's a fairly short process, and calls take less then 5 minutes. This guy must have called 5 times after making his appointment to clarify different, totally redundant things. I'm sorry, but that is what the meeting is for. And instead of me trying to describe our product and services, you can see it for yourself. Of course he also insisted on getting the latest possible time to meet as well.

So he finally stops calling. That is, of course, until 2 minutes before he is due to arrive, when he calls again, to say he is going to be about ten minutes late. Fine, whatever. We wait. And wait. And wait.

And then we say fuck it and leave.

But seriously? Who does that shit? Its not even like he made the appointment and didn't show up. I'm sure everyone is guilty of that at some point, but he called and questioned detail after detail, and then called and said he was ten minutes away, and then he didn't show up. And he made us stay late waiting on his ass.

grrr.....

Anyway, the rest of the day was good. After work we went and picked up the new mattress. It even came with a box spring. It's super soft and comfortable and nice, and so much better then sleeping on the floor. My room is a disaster now though since we pushed everything out of the way and threw the bed down as quickly as possible, so working on that is tonight's or tomorrow's project for sure.

Exboy ended up getting heat stroke at work and got sent home early. Which isn't in the slightest bit surprising.  I am constantly amazed at the fact that there is always something new to prevent him from holding a job.

I've got to hang out a bit with J over the last couple days, which has been nice. We have an odd relationship. Even though we live together, we are both out of the house a lot, and often are schedule's don't sync up very well. Also, exboy hates it when we spend any time alone together, which J and I find simultaneously annoying and entertaining. So it ends up that we will spend a couple of days where we are both at home, joking around and staying up all night shooting the shit, and then not see each other for more then 5 minutes for over a month, so it's always nice when we get the rare moment of one on one time and can actually have a conversation. Even though I know there is always a guilt trip waiting at the end from Exboy.

I didn't have a chance to weigh today, but my intake wasn't great yesterday since I started to get really dizzy and nauseous at work when we had to stay late and my boss made me eat some of her fish and chips. She's passed out at work before, especially when its hot like this, so there is no arguing with her. I'm probably up and I'd rather not know. It's time to stop gaining on day and losing the next. I've been up and down all week, like I do badly and then do well the next day to undo the damage, but then never get past the 145 mark before I blow it and start the pattern over again.

Good to know I've mastered a really annoying version of maintaining.

I think this blog needs to be redesigned.

Comments (0)

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.