Wrong side of the bed

Posted by EmptyShell | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2011

I woke up this afternoon in a bad mood. Not pissed off or angry, just a low level unhappiness that makes me unproductive and self deprecating. It takes me half an hour to convince myself that its worth getting out of bed, and I'm supposed to be at work in a few hours. There's a million other things to do today. Deal with my taxes, pick up a check, talk to my landlord.

I know I've said this before but it seems that there is no way to budget myself, whether that's my time or my money and get half the things I need done.

Seriously, I don't know how some of you ladies do it. And then you write these blogs and their funny and poetic and have pictures and tags. If I can get the words out on a semi regular basis then I'm thrilled.

So I got a little stressed at the idea of getting everything I needed to done before I had to go to work. I psych myself up to go, when I get the call. There is a problem with my computer at work and I am no longer needed for the day until the tech can come and fix it.

Now, at this point, a sane normal rational person would count their blessings and get everything else done while they have the chance. Not me though. As I sit on my balcony, stressing out about how to get everything done, and if I still have enough time to go pick up my check before the office closes, my roommates come up with the bright idea of saying fuck it and sitting at home and eating ice cream. Apparently they think I need to take some time to destress and my bad mood is more obvious then I thought.

I think I'm about to fall off the roof, as they say. Then again I thought that for the last week or so and it isn't here yet, so who knows really. It's not like it's supposed to come with any regularity, right?

So... I had already decided that since pork tenderloin was on sale and I have been feeling a little un-contributing lately that I would make a nice dinner for the house tonight. I had the meat marinating overnight and an apple maple glaze for it. I've been planning this meal for days, because I don't normally cook much and I wanted everything to be right. My weight has been good this week, bouncing between 144 and 147.

So I gave into ice cream, I gave into the idea that I could have one stress free day, where nothing would be an issue. Not food, not money, not weed, nothing.

It's actually going pretty well. I'm trying not to think to hard about anything. Dinner turned out really well, the meat was nice and tender and didn't taste weird or anything. It's been a few months since I had a home cooked meal, so even though I know exactly how terrible it was for me, I'm not too worked up about it.

The ice cream is another story. It's all my favorite kinds and I told  myself that I wouldn't let it stress me out but it is. Its just one day though. Tomorrow I return to my goals with a vengeance.

And it can't be too bad tomorrow, right?

Comments (1)

"Seriously, I don't know how some of you ladies do it. And then you write these blogs and their funny and poetic and have pictures and tags. If I can get the words out on a semi regular basis then I'm thrilled."

I can totally relate to this. Somedays I literally have to force myself outta bed....let alone come up with some whitty blog post. My posts are so blah....haha.


I'm glad you gave yourself a "free" day. Sometimes that's all you need to feel a bit better.


~MLM

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.