A Quick Update

Posted by EmptyShell | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm at my mothers for the week, so that'd why I disappeared this time. She has the worst dial up internet and it literally took me 20 minutes to load the new post page. So this may be my only post til I get back.

She's a big feeder, my mom. The last time I was here for a week (christmas) I gained over 10 pounds. Hopefully I won't repeat my mistakes this time. I have to eat, but it's hot enough that I'm hoping to turn down enough to maintain, or not gain too much.

The roommates are coming on tuesday, but exboy didn't want to come this time. This have been pretty awkward recently since our lease expires in September and he's starting to realize that we aren't going to be living together for much longer. But I'll write more about that when I get home.

I come home on friday, so if you don't hear from me until next weekend, that's why.

Comments (1)

I completely relate with you on people offering food and pushing you to eat it, especially around the holidays. It's so hard to find a way to say no, without sounding rude or them asking if anything's wrong. Food is celebrated, life seems to revolve around it, even as society treasures thinness and reveres size zeroes.

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.