I hate my scale

Posted by EmptyShell | Posted in , , , , | Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Seriously, I think the thing likes to fuck with my head.

My intake yesterday was high. Not binge high, but high enough that I expected to maintain the 153.2 pounds of lard that I was when I woke up yesterday. And I was fairly ok with this. After a weekend of fairly intense intoxication, I figured a couple of days of maintaining reasonable intake was probably a healthy idea.

So I wake this morning, use the bathroom and weigh myself. My usual routine. I'm not wearing my glasses right, and the first time I look, I know I must be seeing things.

149.8.

I try it again. The number is the same. People are trying to get my attention and I stop there, thrilled at this turn of events.

But no... An hour later I am dressing, unable to resist the temptation of seeing the number I've longed for for months, and I climb back on.

153.8.

FMScale.

No more than 600 net calories today. At least I cleaned yesterday.

Comments (1)

I don't get the scales either. Had you had anything to drink over that hour? That's the only explanation I can think of.

xoxox

About Me

My photo
Where emotions should be, there is only the quiet sense of distance. I shall remain unaffected in times of crisis, calm or caring. This is not a choice, but I am strangely okay with that. What else is there to say really? It's all been said before. We are not unique and delicate snowflakes. Even that is not an original thought. (brownie points for getting the reference) Maybe one day I will have something interesting to say here but the fact of the matter is, if you really want to know, read the blog. Or ask. Whatever.